- NYC Council Speaker Christine Quinn
- Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer
- Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
- Assemblyman Phil Goldfeder
- Assemblyman Dov Hikind
- Councilman Mark Weprin
- Councilman David Greenfield
- Councilman Dominic Recchia Jr.
Mayor Bloomberg, though not in attendance, delivered encouraging words by letter.
The event, presented by Founder and CEO of SKHOV Joshua Weinstein, was well-attended, full of energy, and sprinkled with commitments of continued funding and support for the battle against autism. Awards were bestowed upon a select group of honorees.
Day-in and day-out I am inspired by my clients, their families, and their stories. Today's event, however, was inspirational in a different way, and a powerful reminder of our ability, as a group, to effect meaningful change for those who need it the most.