The event is always informative and fun. For anyone who is interested, the next COPAA conference will take place next year in Albuquerque, New Mexico from March 7-10, 2013. To learn more about COPAA, you can visit http://www.copaa.org/.
- "Federal Litigation of IDEA Cases" co-presented by Alice Nelson and Jon Zimring (the latter of Georgia fame)
- "Attorneys' Impartial Due Process Hearing Training" hosted by Jennifer Laviano and friends
- A well-attended Thursday evening wine and cheese reception to get the weekend started
- "Bullying - Protecting Our Kids and Our Clients" presented by Josh Kershenbaum and Dave Frankel
- Key Note presentation by Tracy Thresher and Larry Bissonette, two men with autism and the stars of the acclaimed film Wretches & Jabberers
- "Case Law Review" with Judith Gran, recapping noteworthy special education cases around the country in 2011
- A general session about psychological assessments by Dr. Anne Simun
- "The Business of Special Education Law" by Barbara J. Ebenstein
- "New Regulations of the ADAA & Its Application to Educational Testing" presented by Matthew Dietz
My mission is to explore how other countries around the world are dealing with education and special education issues.
I would like to visit and observe different types of schools that have proven records of success, wherever those schools may be. I would like to meet with school directors and administrators, government officials, leaders in the business world, and others who are responsible for implementing education systems or otherwise connected to education to learn more about how education is being addressed in their communities.
If you know of any remarkable schools in other parts of the world (especially special needs schools), please let me know about them. If you know of any education experts who are engaged in remarkable work in this field, please introduce me to them.
Please do not hesitate to share your thoughts or ideas regarding the above. Read more about my mission here.